Thursday, May 8, 2014

DBS Report 8 May 14

CPF Nomination


Date of Nomination : 05-Jul-1982
Your nominee(s) details are as follows:
No. Identification No. Name Share% Type* Mode^
---- ------------------ ------------------------------- ------- -------- ------
1 Sxxxxxxxx XXX XXXX XXXXX 100.00 C
* Type:
C - Cash Nomination Scheme
E - Enhanced Nomination Scheme
S - Special Needs Savings Scheme
^ Mode:
1 - Nominee to receive moneys in his/their Special Account (SA) or Retirement Account (RA) first, subject to the prevailing Minimum Sum limit, and thereafter into Medisave Account (MA) subject to the prevailing Medisave Contribution Ceiling
2 - Nominee to receive moneys in his/their Medisave Account (MA) first, subject to the prevailing Medisave Contribution Ceiling, and thereafter into Special Account or Retirement Account, subject to the prevailing Minimum Sum



Hi all,

The above is what CPF sent to me when I requested to know the details of my nominations. In my case my nominee will receive 100% of my CPF savings in CASH.

The other schemes available are Enhanced Nomination Scheme and a Special Needs Savings Scheme. We already have a fair idea of what ENS is all about. I am not sure what SNSS is. Those who want to know would have to check with CPF.

Please note the mode of payments 1 and 2. In Mode 1, likely to be for ENS, the nominee will receive moneys in SA and RA, subject to the prevailing Minimums Sum limit and thereafter into Medisave Account…. I think what these meant is that if Minimum Sum and MA of the nominees are insufficient, they will be topped up first. Not sure if my reading is right. So the moneys could go to SA, RA, MS and MA, the latter two probably the deceased has no intent or no idea how much as they are subject to the balances in those accounts of the nominee.

Mode 2 is likely to be for SNSS and money will be paid to the MA subject to the other conditions, ie SA or RA.

To me, as long as my nominee is getting everything I left behind in cash that would be good enough. I do not want to bother with the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment